Scroll down this page to see the latest Visa Bulletin Charts.
The State Department Visa Bulletin October 2020 shows backlogs in getting green cards in both the family and the employment-based categories. The time that it will take you to get a green card depends on the category of your petition and your country of birth. The Visa Bulletin is updated on a monthly basis.
Who Can File for Adjustment of Status in October:
We link to USCIS’s page entitled When to File Your Adjustment of Status Application for Family-Sponsored or Employment-Based Preference Visas: October 2020.
How rapidly will your priority date in the Visa Bulletin advance or retrogress in the coming months? The new visa bulletin predictions will be available next week. You can click on the link to the Visa Bulletin Predictions by the State Department’s Charlie Oppenheim.
You can stay up-to-date with the waiting times in the Visa Bulletin by subscribing to our Free E-Mail Newsletter. Also, see our Coronavirus – Immigration Updates page.
Professional and Knowledgeable Law Firm
“I’ve had a decade of experience with Mr. Shusterman’s law firm. I used them for my immigration needs from H1 to citizenship. It is safe to say this is one of the most competent, professional and knowledgeable law firms. If there is a firm that can handle any possible immigration case routine or otherwise; then this is it.”
- D. Chen, Phoenix, Arizona
Read More Reviews
Skype Consultations Available!
Movement of the EB Categories in October
- EB-1: Worldwide EB-1 will remain current in October. China and India will each advance by 3 months to June 1, 2018.
- EB-2: Worldwide EB-2 will remain current in October. China will advance 6 weeks to March 1, 2016. India will move forward almost 8 weeks to September 1, 2009.
- EB-3 Professionals and Skilled Workers: Worldwide EB-3 will become current in October. China will move forward 4 1/2 months to July 1, 2017. India will advance 3 1/2 months to January 15, 2010.
- EB-5: Non-Regional Center Program – Worldwide EB-5 (including India) will remain current. China EB-5 will remain frozen at August 15, 2015. Vietnam EB-5 will remain at August 1, 2017. The EB-5 Regional Center program is scheduled to expire on September 30, 2020. We expect that the program will be reauthorized before then.
State Department Visa Bulletin October 2020 EMPLOYMENT-BASED CATEGORIES
The employment-based (EB) categories in the Visa Bulletin are as follows:
- EB-1 Priority Workers
- EB-2 Advanced Degree Professionals
- EB-3 Professionals & Other Workers
- EB-4 Religious Workers
- EB-4 Special Immigrant Juveniles
- EB-5 Investors
An applicant’s priority date is the day that the government received the employer’s PERM application. However, if a PERM application is not required, the priority date is the date the government received an EB visa petition (I-140 or the I-526).
State Department Visa Bulletin October 2020 EB FINAL ACTION DATES
State Department Visa Bulletin October 2020 EB FILING DATE CHART
State Department Visa Bulletin October 2020 FAMILY CATEGORIES
The family-based categories in the visa bulletin are as follows:
- F-1 Unmarried Adult Sons & Daughters of US Citizens
- F-2A Spouses & Children of LPRs
- F-2B Unmarried Adult Sons & Daughters of LPRs
- F-3 Married Sons & Daughters of US citizens
- F-4 Brothers & Sisters of US Citizens
An applicant’s priority date is the day that the government received the I-130 Petition. Watch our family-based video to see various methods of shortening your waiting time for a green card.
A priority date is established by the submission of a relative visa petition in the family categories.
The word “Current” in the Visa Bulletin indicates that no backlog presently exists in a particular category. Alternately, “U” or the word “Unavailable” indicates that it is not possible to apply for permanent residence in that category.
State Department Visa Bulletin October 2020 FB FINAL ACTION DATES
B. FAMILY-SPONSORED FILING DATE CHART – The chart below reflects dates for filing visa applications within a time frame justifying immediate action in the application process. Applicants for immigrant visas who have a priority date earlier than the application date in the chart may assemble and submit required documents to the Department of State’s National Visa Center, following receipt of notification from the National Visa Center containing detailed instructions. The application date for an oversubscribed category is the priority date of the first applicant who cannot submit documentation to the National Visa Center for an immigrant visa.
State Department Visa Bulletin October 2020 FB FILING DATE CHART
We link to the State Department Visa Bulletin.
What Can We Help You With - Videos
Green Cards through Employment
Green Card through Marriage
Carl Shusterman served as an INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) before opening a firm specializing exclusively in US immigration law. He is a Certified Specialist in Immigration Law who has testified as an expert witness before the US Senate Immigration Subcommittee. Carl was featured in the February 2018 edition of SuperLawyers Magazine.
Rate this page: