Congress has passed numerous bills regarding U.S. immigration. Some of the bills have benefited or penalized millions of immigrants while private bills have been introduced to benefit one immigrant or one family of immigrants.
This page links to the complete text of pending immigration bills introduced in the Senate and the House of Representatives. It also links to videos and the text of witness testimony before Congressional Committees and Subcommittees regarding immigration. Whether you are interested in Comprehensive Immigration Reform, the Secure Borders Act, the DREAM Act, the AgJobs bill, the Domestic Partners bill or any other piece of immigration legislation, this is a good place to begin your research.
We hope that the information contained on this page assists you in understanding how U.S. immigration laws and procedures affect you no matter whether you are a person seeking a visa, a green card or U.S. citizenship, or whether you are an employer sponsoring foreign-born professionals for immigration benefits.
You can stay up-to-date with the waiting times in the Visa Bulletin and other immigration news by subscribing to our Free E-Mail Newsletter.
Carl Shusterman is Simply the Best
“I am a Los Angeles-based news reporter, who hired Carl and his team of attorneys to help me acquire permanent residency in the United States. I was dreading the arduous and bureaucratic process, but Carl and his staff were so professional and efficient, they helped the procedure go very smoothly.”
- Ann S., Santa Clarita, California
Read More Reviews
Skype Consultations Available!
This page is divided into the following subtopics:
- Immigration Legislation 2019-2020
- Immigration Legislation 2017-2018
- Immigration Legislation in Previous Years
- How to Find Legislation, Regulations and Reports
- Contact Congress
- GOP Senators Support the Secure and Succeed Act – Introduced February 2018
- I-Squared Act (S. 2344) – Introduced January 25, 2018
- Securing America’s Future Act of 2018 (H.R. 4760) – Introduced January 10, 2018
- AILA Opposes Scheduled Immigration Bills Before Judiciary Committee (5-18-17)
- RAISE Act of 2017 (S. 354) – Introduced February 13, 2017
- Cotton and Trump Plot Crackdown on Legal Immigration (2-7-17)
- Senate Democrats introduce bill to block Trump Muslim registry (1-5-17)
IMMIGRATION LEGISLATION IN PREVIOUS YEARS
HOW TO FIND LEGISLATION, REGULATIONS, REPORTS, ETC.
The following information may be useful in conducting your search:
8 C.F.R. Citizenship and Immigration Service
20 C.F.R. Department of Labor (Employment and Training Administration
22 C.F.R. Department of State
29 C.F.R. Department of Labor (Employment Standards Administration)
42 C.F.R. Public Health Service
- Browse the USCIS Regulations
- USCIS Interpretations
- The Federal Register (Daily listing of Federal Regulations)
- USCIS Federal Register Announcements
- Search the United States Code (Titles 1 – 50)
- Search the Congressional Record
- How A Bill Becomes A Law
- Thomas: Legislative Information on the Internet
- To Obtain/Download Full Text of Legislation
- Congressional Immigration Hearings (1923-2006) – Library of Congress
- Congressional Research Service (CRS) Reports
- GAO Report: Action Needed to Address Risks and Strengthen Overstay Enforcement (12-7-11)
What Can We Help You With - Videos
Green Cards Through Employment
Green Cards Through Marriage
Carl Shusterman served as an INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) before opening a firm specializing exclusively in US immigration law. He is a Certified Specialist in Immigration Law who has testified as an expert witness before the US Senate Immigration Subcommittee. Carl was featured in the February 2018 edition of SuperLawyers Magazine.
Rate this page: