The Office of Foreign Labor Certification (OFLC), located within the Employment & Training Administration (ETA) of the U.S. Department of Labor provides national leadership and policy guidance to carry out the responsibilities of the Secretary of Labor under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended, concerning the admission of foreign workers to the United States for employment.
OFLC processes PERM applications for employers seeking to bring foreign workers into the United States and grants certifications in those cases where employers can demonstrate that there are not sufficient U.S. workers available, willing and qualified to perform the work at wages that meet or exceed the prevailing wage paid for the occupation in the area of intended employment. The PERM program is designed to ensure that the admission of foreign workers into the US on a permanent or temporary basis will not adversely affect the job opportunities, wages, and working conditions of US workers.
Employment based immigration is a complex process that may involve a number of government agencies within the Federal government, including the Department of Labor, the USCIS in the DHS, and the State Department.
If You Want the Best Result Possible
“Mr. Shusterman and his law firm have represented both me personally and the nonprofit organization that I am associated with. The cases have ranged from the simple to the complex and contentious. Each case has been successfully completed. It is very simple – if you want the best result possible, then select the Law Offices of Carl Shusterman.”
- Richard B. Knapp, Chicago, Illinois
Read More Reviews
Skype Consultations Available!
Department of Labor – Immigration Resources is divided into the following subtopics:
- General Information
- iCert Portal
- Labor Condition Applications (LCAs)
- Administrative Law Judges & BALCA
- Occupational Information
- Prevailing Wages
- H-2A Farmworker Online Systems
- DOL-ETA Regions
Department of Labor – Related Pages
- U.S. Department of Labor
- DOL’s Employment and Training Administration
- Office of Foreign Labor Certification Resource Page
- “How Do I” Questions
- ETA News Releases
- ETA Library
- H-1B, H-1B1 and E-3 Specialty Workers
- Compliance Assistance — Wage and Hour Division Administered Immigration Programs LCA Regulations
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- O*NET (Occupational Information Network)
- Dictionary of Occupational Titles
- Occupational Employment Statistics (OES) of the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Foreign Labor Certification Prevailing Wages
- Occupation Employment Statistics (OES) Program
- OES Search Wizard – Use if you need help finding the BLS area code or the occupation code.
- OES Quick Search – Use if you already know the area and occupation codes.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Occupational Employment Statistics (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- ETA Regional Offices
- Region 1 (Boston)
- Region 2 (Philadelphia)
- Region 3 (Atlanta)
- Region 4 (Dallas)
- Region 5 (Chicago)
- Region 6 (San Francisco)
What Can We Help You With - Videos
Green Cards Through Employment
Green Cards Through Marriage