Spouses of US citizens who are living abroad may be sponsored for K3 visas by their citizen spouses. Their children may be sponsored for K4 visas.
These visas shorten the time that they must remain separated from their citizen spouse/parent who is residing in the US.
K3 Visa Eligibility
- Married to a US Citizen
- Pending Form I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative)
- Approved I-129F Petition (No filing fee)
K4 Visa Eligibility
- Under 21
- Child of a Qualified K3 Visa Applicant
- Must be listed on form I-129F
Benefits of K3 and K4 Visas
There are various benefits that come with a K3 visa or K4 visa. Those who hold these visas may apply to adjust status to a permanent resident at any time. In addition, they may obtain employment authorization.
K3 and K4 Visa Limitations
There are, however, some limitations that come with a K3 Visa or K4 Visa. For example, K3 or K4 visa holders can not change status to another temporary visa category. In addition, there are several instances in which a K3 visa can automatically expire after 30 days such as: denial of either form I-130 or form I-485, and a divorce or annulment with the US citizen spouse. A K4’s status expires when the K3’s status expires. K3 and K4 visa holders are admitted to the US for a maximum of 2 years. They may, however, apply to extend their status.
Professional and Knowledgeable Law Firm
“I’ve had a decade of experience with Mr. Shusterman’s law firm. I used them for my immigration needs from H1 to citizenship. It is safe to say this is one of the most competent, professional and knowledgeable law firms. If there is a firm that can handle any possible immigration case routine or otherwise; then this is it.”
- D. Chen, Phoenix, Arizona
Read More Reviews
Skype Consultations Available!
- Birth Certificate
- Current Marriage Certificate
- Past Divorce/Death of Spouse Certificates
- Police Certificates
- Medical Examination
- Valid Passport for Travel Evidence of Financial Support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support) may be required
- Form Form DS-160 (Online Non-immigrant Visa Application)
- Two 2×2 Photographs
- Evidence of Relationship with U.S. Citizen Spouse