Many significant pieces of immigration legislation were signed into law by President Bush in 2005 and 2006. Among these were the Real ID Act, the Physicians in Underserved Areas Act and the Nursing Relief for Disadvantaged Areas Reauthorization Act of 2005.
The following are links to Immigration Legislation 2005-2006:
- Physicians for Underserved Areas Act (Public Law 109-477)
Signed into law on January 12, 2007
- Nursing Relief for Disadvantaged Areas Reauthorization Act of 2005 (Public Law 109-423)
- Senate Passes Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006 (5-25-06)
- Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005 (Sensenbrenner) (H.R.4437)
- Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006 (S. 2611)
- Securing Knowledge Innovation and Leadership (SKIL Act of 2006) (S.2691)
- Securing Knowledge Innovation and Leadership (SKIL Act of 2006) (H.R.5744)
- SKIL Bill – AILA’s Summary (May 2006)
- The DREAM Act (S.2075)
- Section-by-Section Analysis of Bill (16 pages)
- Summary of Bill (3 pages)
- 50,000 Visas for RNs and PTs – (5-03-05)
- Summary of Analysis of REAL ID Act (AILA) – (5-03-05)
- The REAL ID Act of 2005 (H.R.418)
- REAL ID Final Rule: Questions and Answers (USCIS) (2008)
- Health Improvement and Professionals Act of 2005 (H.R.139)
Skype Consultations Available!
What Can We Help You With - Videos
Carl Shusterman served as an INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) before opening a firm specializing exclusively in US immigration law. He is a Certified Specialist in Immigration Law who has testified as an expert witness before the US Senate Immigration Subcommittee. Carl was featured in the February 2018 edition of SuperLawyers Magazine.