Check Your Immigration Case Status

immigration case statusHow do you check the status of your immigration case status? Do you have to pay a lawyer to do so? No, you can do it yourself either online or by telephone.

If your case is pending in a USCIS Service Center, you have been selected as a winner in the DV Lottery, you have applied for a U.S. Passport, you have a J waiver request pending before the State Department or you have applied for a copy of your file under the Freedom of Information Act, you can check your immigration case status online. You can also check the visa waiting times at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate anywhere in the world.

You can stay up-to-date with the waiting times in the Visa Bulletin by subscribing to our Free E-Mail Newsletter.


Client Reviews

Check Your Immigration Case Status 1

Life Saver

“After wasting thousands of dollars on other lawyers, Mr. Shusterman was life saver. I recommend him hands down!”

- Mukta Mohan, Buffalo, New York
Read More Reviews

Zoom Consultations Available!

Immigration Case Status

– Click the appropriate link in the box below and follow the instructions:

Administrative Appeals Office (AA0)
Case Status Check (Labor Department)
U.S. Passport Applications
State Department (J Waivers)
CBP Border Wait Times (Canada and Mexico)

If you have a deportation or removal case before an Immigration Judge or an appeal or a motion to reopen or reconsider pending before the Board of Immigration Appeals, you can check the status of your case by calling (800) 898-7180. For more detailed information about checking the status of your case by telephone, see our article Immigration Courts (800) Phone Number .

Is Your Immigration Case Status Outside Normal Processing Times?

Do you have a case pending with USCIS that is outside the normal processing time? You can get an idea of how long it will take to process your case on their website a Check Processing Times. For most applications, you can send them an inquiry if your case has been pending longer than the processing time posted.

NOTE: USCIS is actively processing your case if, in the past 60 days, you:

Received a notice from them about your case,
Responded to a request for evidence, OR
Received an online update to your case status.

If your application type is not listed in the processing time table on their website, their goal is to make a decision on your application within 6 months of filing. Please wait six months before submitting an inquiry

If you are a petitioner for an H-2A Temporary Agricultural Worker and your Form I-129 has been pending longer than 15 days and you have not received a decision or a Request for Evidence, you may contact USCIS at (1-800) 375-5283 to inquire about your petition.

If you are a DACA renewal applicant please contact USCIS at (1-800) 375-5283 to inquire on a case pending longer than 105 days.

If you are applying for your initial (first) employment authorization based on having a pending asylum application and USCIS does not adjudicate the application within 30 days, you may be a member of the class action case, Rosario v. USCIS, Case No. C15-0813JLR. Please see the webpage for further information about this class action case and how to investigate the status of your employment authorization application.

Important Information About Form I-765, Application for EAD

Please note that for Form I-765 category (c)(8), based on a pending asylum application, the processing timeframes listed apply only to an initial filing.

Please note that the adjudication of Form I-765 category (c)(33) filed with Form I-821D, requesting DACA, does not begin until USCIS makes a decision on your request for deferred action.

Please note that the adjudication of the following Form I-765 categories does not begin until your Form I-914, I-918 or I-918A application is waitlisted or approved.

Refer to the USCIS Processing Times webpage for Form I-914 and I-918 processing times.

(a)(16) or (c)(25) filed with Form I-914

(a)(19) or (c)(14) filed with Form I-918

(a)(20) filed with Form I-918A

Please note that the adjudication of Form I-765 categories (c)(14) and (c)(31) filed with Form I-360, petition for an abused spouse or child of a USC or LPR, does not begin until USCIS makes a final decision on your petition.

Refer to the Processing Times webpage for Form I-360 processing times.

Immigration Updates
We promise not to spam you. Unsubscribe at any time.
Invalid email address

Decades of Immigration Experience Working for You

What Can We Help You With - Videos

Winning Your Case in Immigration Court

Green Cards through Employment

Green Card through Marriage


View More Videos