Every year, bills are introduced in the House of Representatives to control illegal immigration, build fences on the U.S.-Mexican border and to grant benefits in the form of temporary visas and permanent residence to various types of immigrants.
The House Judiciary Committee and it’s Immigration Subcommittee schedule hearings on a wide variety of immigration topics. Often, the webcasts of these hearings are broadcast live on the internet.
Representatives also sponsor private bills for constituents in sympathetic cases where there are no remedies under the immigration laws.
Carl Shusterman is Simply the Best
“I am a Los Angeles-based news reporter, who hired Carl and his team of attorneys to help me acquire permanent residency in the United States. I was dreading the arduous and bureaucratic process, but Carl and his staff were so professional and efficient, they helped the procedure go very smoothly.”
- Ann S., Santa Clarita, California
Read More Reviews
Skype Consultations Available!
GENERAL RESOURCES – House of Representatives
- House of Representatives Homepage
- Watch House Floor Proceedings – Live Streaming Video
- House Judiciary Committee
HOUSE SUBCOMMITTEE – HEARINGS ON IMMIGRATION
- South Carolina Rep. Named New Immigration Subcommittee Chair (12-19-12)
- AILA President Laura Lichter’s Testimony on “Aftermath of Fraud by Immigration Attorneys” (7-24-12)
- New Immigration Subcommittee Chairman Announced (January 2011)
- Opening Statement of Witness Stephen Colbert (9-24-10)
- WebCast of Hearing on Executive Office for Immigration Review (6-17-10)
- Statement of Juan Osuna, Associate Deputy Attorney General
- Statement of Karen Grisez on behalf of the American Bar Association
- Statement of Russell Wheeler, President of the Governance Institute
- Statement of Hon. Dana Marks, President of the National Association of Immigration Judges
- Statement of Mark Metcalf, Former Immigration Judge
- WebCast of Hearing on EOIR (9-23-08)
- Improving America’s Security, Strengthening Transatlantic Relations: An Update on the Expansion of the Visa Waiver Program (5-14-08)
PRACTICE ADVISORIES REGARDING HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
- Oppose Anti-Immigrant Proposals in the House: Reject the Goodlatte and Ryan Immigration Bills (6-19-18)
- House Republicans Introduce Bill to Fuel Trump’s “Deport Them All” Agenda (5-18-17)
- House Members Question and Criticize Rather Than Act to Change Immigration Policies (2-26-14)
- Counting the Votes on Immigration Reform in the House (8-8-13)
- Pressure Mounts on House To Tackle Immigration Reform (8-01-13)
- Spotlight Moves to House After Senate Approves Immigration Bill (6-28-13)
Over 100 Years of Immigration Experience Working for You
What Can We Help You With - Videos
Green Cards through Employment
Green Card through Marriage
Carl Shusterman served as an INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) before opening a firm specializing exclusively in US immigration law. He is a Certified Specialist in Immigration Law who has testified as an expert witness before the US Senate Immigration Subcommittee. Carl was featured in the February 2018 edition of SuperLawyers Magazine.
Rate this page: