President Trump made immigration one of his signature issues in the 2016 election. He promised to build a wall on our southern border and have Mexico pay for it. He called Mexicans criminals and rapists (and said that there were some good people too). He also proposed that Muslims be banned from entering the US.
After August 15, 2017, we decided to post most links to new immigration stories related to the Trump Administration in the Breaking New Section of our homepage and in our newsletters rather than on this page.
During his first week in office, President Trump issued 3 executive orders: (1) to build a wall; (2) to end federal funding of sanctuary cities; and (3) to halt the resettlement of refugees in the US and to suspend immigration from 7 countries in the Middle East.
Since Donald Trump became President in January 2017, immigration has been a hot topic in the press. Attorney Shusterman has been featured as an authority on the ABA Journal, Deadspin, Computerworld, the New York Times and dozens of other media outlets since the beginning of the year.
This page examines the immigration policies of the Trump Administration and what immigrants can do to protect themselves from anti-immigration policies promulgated by the White House.
Know Their Job Well And Perform It Flawlessly
“Don’t do the mistake we did and try to save few bucks going with nonprofessionals and sole practitioners! It will end up not only costing you much more in the long run, but also putting your status in jeopardy which can have a priceless impact. It is one of the most important steps in your life.”
- Sgt. Danny Lightfoot, Los Angeles, California
Read More Reviews
Zoom Consultations Available!
NEWS – President Trump on Immigration
After August 15, 2017, we decided to post most links to new immigration stories related to the Trump Administration in the Breaking New Section of our homepage and in our newsletter rather than on this page.
- Trump Vetos Bill Which Would Have Overturned His Border Emergency Declaration (3-15-19)
- Immigration Principles and Policies
- Trump Administration Sues California Over Immigration Laws (3-06-18)
- ICE Denies Stay of Deportation for Sanchez Family (8-15-17)
- Self-Deportation Dividing Oakland Family (8-10-17)
- Supreme Court Will Hear Travel Ban Case (6-26-17)
- Trump Will Not Deport Dreamers (Only Their Parents) (6-16-17)
- 9th Circuit Deals Trump Travel Ban Another Defeat (6-12-17)
- Trump Turns to Supreme Court to Move Forward on Travel Ban (6-01-17)
- 4th Circuit Court of Appeals Decision Striking Down President Trump’s Revised Travel Ban (5-25-17)
- Over 41,000 arrests in the 100 days since Trump’s signed Immigration Enforcement Executive Orders (5-18-17)
- 4th Circuit Court of Appeals Hears Oral Arguments on Revised Travel Ban (5-08-17)
- Executive Orders on Protecting the Homeland (3-31-17)
- Trump Administration Orders Tougher Screening of Visa Applicants (3-24-17)
- Federal Judge in Hawaii Freezes President Trump’s New Executive Order (3-15-17)
- Trump Signs New Travel Ban, Exempts Iraq (3-06-17)
- Q&A: Protecting The Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry To The United States (3-06-17)
- How Trump’s Merit-Based Immigration System Might Work (3-01-17)
- Trump Says He is Open to Legal Pathway for Undocumented Immigrants (2-28-17)
- Trump’s New Travel Ban Will Exempt Existing Visa Holders (2-28-17)
- New Trump Deportation Rules (2-21-17)
- President Trump on Immigration – LA Daily Journal Interview with Attorney Shusterman (2-10-17)
- Trump Considers Writing ‘Brand New’ Immigration Order (2-10-17)
- US Appeals Court Upholds Suspension on Trump’s Travel Ban (2-9-17)
- 9th Circuit’s Decision on Trump’s Travel Ban (2-9-17)
- Appeals Court Skeptical About Trump’s Travel Ban (2-7-17)
- Live Stream Oral Arguments on Trump’s Travel Ban Before the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals (2-7-17)
- Trump’s Appeal in the 9th Circuit Court for his Travel Ban (2-7-17)
- State of Washington’s Response to Trump’s Executive Order (2-7-17)
- Justice Dept Urges Appeals Court to Reinstate Trump’s Travel Ban (2-6-17)
- Where Trump’s Travel Ban Stands (2-5-17)
- Appeals Court Refuses to Restore Travel Ban Yet (2-5-17)
- Trump Appeals Travel Ban Ruling (2-4-17)
- Court Temporarily Blocks Trump’s Travel Ban (2-3-17)
- Temporary Restraining Order on President Trump’s Travel Ban (2-3-17)
- Microsoft Asks Trump Administration for Travel Ban Exceptions (2-3-17)
- Trump Signs Executive Order on ‘Extreme Vetting’ for Immigrants (1-27-17)
- Trump Names Former Director of Anti-Immigration Organization as Chief of Staff of CBP (1-26-17)
- The State Department’s Entire Senior Administrative Team Just Resigned (1-26-17)
- Trump’s Executive Order: Protecting the Nation from Terrorist Attacks (No Refugees) (1-26-17)
- Trump to Order Mexican Border Wall and Curtail Immigration (1-24-17)
- Trump Expected to Impose Temporary Ban on Refugees from the Middle East Tomorrow (1-24-17)
What Can We Help You With - Videos
Carl Shusterman served as an INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) before opening a firm specializing exclusively in US immigration law. He is a Certified Specialist in Immigration Law who has testified as an expert witness before the US Senate Immigration Subcommittee. Carl was featured in the February 2018 edition of SuperLawyers Magazine.