Fortunately, thousands of International Medical Graduates (IMGs) eagerly search for job opportunities in HPSAs. Why? Because working in a physician shortage area enables them to obtain immigration benefits, particularly J waivers and national interest waivers.
Our law firm works with IMGs and physician recruiters to place IMGs in physician shortage areas. Over the past 25 years, we have obtained thousands of J waivers and green cards for foreign-born physicians.
The Best Lawyer!
“I had the best experience working with Law Offices of Carl Shusterman. The staff is very professional, trustworthy, responsive, knowledgeable and helpful.”
- Dr. R. Khan, Boston, Massachusetts
Read More Reviews
Zoom Consultations Available!
- Obama Budget Will Seek Record Funding for New Doctors (2-27-14)
- Immigration Restrictions and America’s Growing Healthcare Needs (November 2012)
- Doctor Shortage Likely to Worsen With Health Law (7-28-12)
- When the Doctor Doesn’t Look Like You (8-13-10)
- Medical Schools Can’t Keep Up (4-12-10)
- Weighing the Evidence for Expanding Physician Supply (11-2-04)
- Immigration: Foreign Physicians and the J-1 Waiver Program (6-17-04)
- The Shrinking Pool Of International Medical Graduates
- “Physicians: What Glut?” – by Senator Kent Conrad
Physician Shortage Area Links for IMGs
What Can We Help You With - Videos
Immigration Attorney Carl Shusterman has 40+ years of experience. He served as an attorney for the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) from 1976 until 1982, when he entered private practice. He has testified as an expert witness before the US Senate Immigration Subcommittee. Carl was featured in SuperLawyers Magazine. Today, he serves as Of Counsel to JR Immigration Law Firm.