The United States suffers from a huge physician shortage, particularly when it comes to primary-care physicians. The US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has designated approximately 25% of the country as Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs). Most US-born physicians do not choose to work in rural or inner-city areas.
Fortunately, thousands of International Medical Graduates (IMGs) eagerly search for job opportunities in HPSAs. Why? Because working in a physician shortage area enables them to obtain immigration benefits, particularly J waivers and national interest waivers.
Our law firm works with IMGs and physician recruiters to place IMGs in physician shortage areas. Over the past 25 years, we have obtained thousands of J waivers and green cards for foreign-born physicians.
The Best Lawyer!
“I had the best experience working with Law Offices of Carl Shusterman. The staff is very professional, trustworthy, responsive, knowledgeable and helpful.”
- Dr. R. Khan, Boston, Massachusetts
Read More Reviews
Skype Consultations Available!
- Obama Budget Will Seek Record Funding for New Doctors (2-27-14)
- CIR Bill Would Benefit Foreign-Born Physicians (6-12-13)
- Immigration Restrictions and America’s Growing Healthcare Needs (November 2012)
- Doctor Shortage Likely to Worsen With Health Law (7-28-12)
- When the Doctor Doesn’t Look Like You (8-13-10)
- Medical Schools Can’t Keep Up (4-12-10)
- Doctor Shortage Looms as Primary Care Loses its Pull (8-18-09)
- Weighing the Evidence for Expanding Physician Supply (11-2-04)
- Immigration: Foreign Physicians and the J-1 Waiver Program (6-17-04)
- The Shrinking Pool Of International Medical Graduates
- “Physicians: What Glut?” – by Senator Kent Conrad
Physician Shortage Area Links for IMGs
What Can We Help You With - Videos
Green Cards Through Employment
Green Cards Through Marriage
Carl Shusterman served as an INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) before opening a firm specializing exclusively in US immigration law. He is a Certified Specialist in Immigration Law who has testified as an expert witness before the US Senate Immigration Subcommittee. Carl was featured in the February 2018 edition of SuperLawyers Magazine.
Rate this page: