Between 1982 and 2008, our law firm immigrated over 10,000 foreign-born registered nurses to the US. It was estimated that by 2020, there would be a shortage of over one million RNs in the US.
Then, in the Fall of 2008, the economy of the US sank. Suddenly, the demand for nurses among the 100+ health care providers that we represent stopped abruptly.
Fast forward to 2015. One of our clients, a major national chain of hospitals, told us that they needed to hire over 500 nurses. Since that time, we have again immigrated large numbers of foreign-born RNs to the US at the request of dozens of other health care providers.
They Are About Providing Solutions
“I am an Internationally Educated Nurse petitioned by US employer and the Law Offices of Carl Shusterman helped me throughout the entire process of my IV application. They were extremely thorough with regard to the instructions and the steps that I needed.”
- Francis R., Nashville, Tennessee
Read More Reviews
Skype Consultations Available!
- The Nursing Shortage: It’s Complicated (2-28-17)
- The US is on the Verge of a Major Nursing Shortage (2-03-16)
- Nursing Crisis Looms as Baby Boomers Age (12-22-09)
- How the Reluctance to Embrace Immigrant Nurses is Mortally Wounding the US Healthcare System (7-14-09)
- Wait for Foreign-Born Nurses is Getting Longer (3-16-09)
- Deadly Consequences : The Hidden Impact Of America’s Nursing Shortage – National Foundation for American Policy (September 2007)
- The Point System’s Impact on Foreign Nurses and Other Potential Immigrants – National Foundation for American Policy (June 2007)
Over 100 Years of Immigration Experience Working for You
What Can We Help You With - Videos
Green Cards through Employment
Green Card through Marriage
Carl Shusterman served as an INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) before opening a firm specializing exclusively in US immigration law. He is a Certified Specialist in Immigration Law who has testified as an expert witness before the US Senate Immigration Subcommittee. Carl was featured in the February 2018 edition of SuperLawyers Magazine.
Rate this page: