Obtaining a labor certification or “PERM” is required of US employers seeking to employ foreign-born persons whose immigration to the US is based on job skills coming to perform services for which qualified authorized workers are unavailable in the US.
- Labor certification is issued by the Secretary of Labor and contains attestations by US employers as to the numbers of US workers available to undertake the employment sought by an applicant, and the effect of the alien’s employment on the wages and working conditions of US workers similarly employed. Determination of labor availability in the US is made at the time of a visa application and at the location where the applicant wishes to work.
Know Their Job Well And Perform It Flawlessly
“Don't do the mistake we did and try to save few bucks going with nonprofessionals and sole practitioners! It will end up not only costing you much more in the long run, but also putting your status in jeopardy which can have a priceless impact. It is one of the most important steps in your life.”
- Sgt. Danny Lightfoot, Los Angeles, California
Read More Reviews
Skype Consultations Available!
- Office of Foreign Labor Certification
- DOL News Release: Backlog Ends in Permanent Labor Certification Program (10-01-07)
- OFLC Frequently Asked Questions Backlog Elimination Centers – Check Case Status
- Foreign LC Contacts List
- Foreign LC Data Center
- SWA Transition Guidance – Foreign LCs FY2005 (2-16-05)
- Update on Technical Instructions for Shipping Permanent Foreign Labor Cases
- from SWAs to Backlog Processing Centers (2-16-05)
- Technical Instructions for Shipping Unprocessed Permanent Foreign Labor Certification
- Cases from State Workforce Agencies to Backlog Processing Centers (12-03-04)
- DOL’s Backlog Reduction Regulations (7-21-04)
- Schedule A Occupations (Pre-Certified)
- Schedule B Occupations (Not Suitable for RIR)
LABOR CERTIFICATION BACKLOG FAQ’s
REDUCTION IN RECRUITMENT (RIR) LABOR CERTIFICATIONS
- DOL Regulation for Extension of RIR Conversion Date (10-06-06)
- DOL Regional RIR Variations (November 2004)
Over 100 Years of Immigration Experience Working for You
What Can We Help You With - Videos
Green Cards through Employment
Green Card through Marriage
Carl Shusterman served as an INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) before opening a firm specializing exclusively in US immigration law. He is a Certified Specialist in Immigration Law who has testified as an expert witness before the US Senate Immigration Subcommittee. Carl was featured in the February 2018 edition of SuperLawyers Magazine.
Rate this page: