Research Your Immigration Issue

F-1 Student Visas

F1 Student VisasThousands of foreign-born academic students study at universities and training programs across the United States.

If you wish to pursue academic studies in the United States, you may be eligible for F-1 academic student status.

This page explains how you can obtain an F-1 visa, how you can qualify for a work permit under Optional Practical Training (OPT) and how to change your status from F-1 student to H-1B professional employee, and then to permanent residence in the U.S.


Client Reviews

Know Their Job Well And Perform It Flawlessly

“Don’t do the mistake we did and try to save few bucks going with nonprofessionals and sole practitioners! It will end up not only costing you much more in the long run, but also putting your status in jeopardy which can have a priceless impact. It is one of the most important steps in your life.”

- Sgt. Danny Lightfoot, Los Angeles, California
Read More Reviews

Skype Consultations Available!

This page is divided into the following subtopics:



Graduation day is approaching and you’ve finally made it. You are about to receive your diploma and go out into the working world. You and your classmates are competing for the best jobs, but you feel at a disadvantage because you are not a U.S. citizen or even a green card holder. How are you supposed to navigate through the strange new world of immigration laws and procedures?

This is a practical guide for foreign-born students about to graduate from universities in the U.S.:



SEVIS – Student & Exchange Visitor Information System

arvo rating shusterman law v2Best Lawyers in America Carl Shusterman Law
Super Lawyers Shusterman LawLexis Nexis Peer Review Rated Shusterman Law

What Can We Help You With - Videos

Senate Testimony

Green Cards Through Employment

Green Cards Through Marriage


View More Videos