DACA Video
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals In this video, Attorney Shusterman tells you what you need to know about Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, including how to know if you are eligible and how to know which documents to include in your application.

On June 15 2012, President Obama made a notable change to his immigration policies through the use of prosecutorial discretion. In a White House Statement, the President announced that certain young illegal immigrants will be eligible for deferred action, or temporary relief from deportation, and may apply for work permits starting on August 15. On August 3, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) published a 16-page memo explaining how to qualify for deferred action which has since been updated.

In general, these are the basic eligibility requirements:

  1. You must have come to the U.S. prior to your 16th birthday;
  2. You must have continually resided in the U.S. for at least 5 years immediately before June 15, 2012 and must be present in the U.S. on that date;
  3. You must have entered the U.S. without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status must have expired as of June 15, 2012;
  4. You must currently be in school, have graduated from high school, obtained a general education (GED) certificate, or be an honorably discharged veteran of the U.S. Coast Guard or Armed Forces;
  5. You cannot have been convicted of a felony offense, significant misdemeanor offense, multiple misdemeanor offenses, or otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety; and
  6. You must be under the age of 31 on June 15, 2012.

Client Reviews

DACA Video<br>Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals 1

Go to a Law Firm which is Professional and Knowledgeable

“Very professional law firm. We had a difficult issue and Mr. Shusterman’s office got right onto the case and resolved the issue with USCIS. Because of their efforts, me and my family were able to get our Legal Permanent Residency card. My suggestion to those trying to obtain employment based card. Don’t look for money saving attorney. They will cost you lot more in long run. Go to a law firm which is professional and knowledgeable. It pays in the long term.”

- Nilesh Patel, Chicago, ‎Illinois
Read More Reviews

Zoom Consultations Available!

We hope that our video answers many of your questions about the process.

Immigration Updates
We promise not to spam you. Unsubscribe at any time.
Invalid email address

Decades of Immigration Experience Working for You

What Can We Help You With - Videos

Winning Your Case in Immigration Court

Green Cards through Employment

Green Card through Marriage


View More Videos