Video – Conrad 30 J Waivers for Physicians

Immigration Attorney Carl Shusterman explains how International Medical Graduates (IMGS) and Canadian physicians can be sponsored under the Conrad 30 program. After completing their medical residencies and fellowships in the US in J exchange visitor status, IMGs may be able to obtain waivers of the two-year home residency requirement through the Conrad 30 program if they practice in certain medically-underserved areas.

Named after Senator Kent Conrad, the original sponsor, the Conrad 30 Program was initiated in 1994. Under this program, states are able to sponsor up to 30 physicians each year for J waivers. While all states sponsor primary care physicians, most states also sponsor specialists as well.

Further information is available on our Conrad State 30 Programs page. You may also wish to view more of our how-to videos regarding immigration for physicians.


Client Reviews

Video - Conrad 30 J Waivers for Physicians 1

The Best Lawyer!

“I had the best experience working with Law Offices of Carl Shusterman. The staff is very professional, trustworthy, responsive, knowledgeable and helpful.”

- Dr. R. Khan, Boston, Massachusetts
Read More Reviews

Zoom Consultations Available!

Although there are a few basic requirements to qualify for this program, each state has their own policies and program guidelines. It is also important to keep in mind that some states attract more IMGs than others under this program. As such, physicians and their attorneys should carefully weigh their options before filing and ensure their application is properly completed before submitting it.

Over the past 20 years, our law firm has specialized in assisting over 1,000 IMGs and Canadian physicians over the US in obtaining J waivers under the Conrad 30 program.

Conrad 30 Resources

Immigration Updates
We promise not to spam you. Unsubscribe at any time.
Invalid email address

Decades of Immigration Experience Working for You

What Can We Help You With - Videos

Winning Your Case in Immigration Court

Green Cards through Employment

Green Card through Marriage


View More Videos