Research Your Immigration Issue

Temporary Protected Status

TPS is a form of humanitarian relief which only applies to certain nationals of a particular country who were present in the US during a designated period of time.

For example, if there is war or an environmental disaster occurring in your country, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) may decide to give certain nationals of your country Temporary Protected Status (TPS) in the US. On this page, we explain how to get a work card and a travel permit under TPS.

Persons granted TPS cannot be deported from the US, are eligible to apply for a work permit and may be granted a travel permit.


Client Reviews

A Life Changing Law Firm

“My family and I were clients of Mr. Carl Shusterman and I can honestly say that he had a tremendous impact on our lives - a very positive one. Even when my parents had been denied and they had been told to pack and get out of this country, Mr. Shusterman rushed to find an alternative in order to ensure that my parents could stay.”

- Diana Cabrera, Reno, Nevada
Read More Reviews


Skype Consultations Available!

Use form I-821 to apply for TPS, form I-765 to apply for a work permit and form I-131 to apply for a travel permit.

Although TPS is a temporary benefit which does not automatically lead to a green card, if you are eligible, you are not prohibited from applying for permanent residence, temporary visa status or any other immigration status that you may be eligible for in the US.

Government TPS Resources by Country

Temporary Protected Status Updates

Temporary Protected Status Links

arvo rating shusterman law v2Best Lawyers in America Carl Shusterman Law
Super Lawyers Shusterman LawLexis Nexis Peer Review Rated Shusterman Law

What Can We Help You With - Videos

Senate Testimony

Green Cards Through Employment

Green Cards Through Marriage


View More Videos