Every year, bills are introduced in the House of Representatives to control illegal immigration, build fences on the U.S.-Mexican border and to grant benefits in the form of temporary visas and permanent residence to various types of immigrants.
The House Judiciary Committee and it’s Immigration Subcommittee schedule hearings on a wide variety of immigration topics. Often, the webcasts of these hearings are broadcast live on the internet.
Representatives also sponsor private bills for constituents in sympathetic cases where there are no remedies under the immigration laws.
Carl Shusterman is Simply the Best“I am a Los Angeles-based news reporter, who hired Carl and his team of attorneys to help me acquire permanent residency in the United States. I was dreading the arduous and bureaucratic process, but Carl and his staff were so professional and efficient, they helped the procedure go very smoothly.”
- Ann S., Santa Clarita, California
Skype Consultations Available!
GENERAL RESOURCES – House of Representatives
- House of Representatives Homepage
- Watch House Floor Proceedings – Live Streaming Video
- House Judiciary Committee
- House Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship, Refugees, Border Security, and International Law
HOUSE SUBCOMMITTEE – HEARINGS ON IMMIGRATION
- South Carolina Rep. Named New Immigration Subcommittee Chair (12-19-12)
- Hearing on “Aftermath of Fraud by Immigration Attorneys” (7-24-12)
- AILA President Laura Lichter’s Testimony on “Aftermath of Fraud by Immigration Attorneys” (7-24-12)
- New Immigration Subcommittee Chairman Announced (January 2011)
- Hearing on “Protecting America’s Harvest” (9-24-10)
- Opening Statement of Witness Stephen Colbert (9-24-10)
- WebCast of Hearing on Executive Office for Immigration Review (6-17-10)
- Statement of Juan Osuna, Associate Deputy Attorney General
- Statement of Karen Grisez on behalf of the American Bar Association
- Statement of Russell Wheeler, President of the Governance Institute
- Statement of Hon. Dana Marks, President of the National Association of Immigration Judges
- Statement of Mark Metcalf, Former Immigration Judge
- WebCast of Hearing on EOIR (9-23-08)
- Improving America’s Security, Strengthening Transatlantic Relations: An Update on the Expansion of the Visa Waiver Program (5-14-08)
- Consideration of: H.R. 5030, a Private Relief Bill for the Relief of Corina De Chalup Turcinovic Immediately following Hearing on Problems with ICE Interrogation, Detention, and Removal
What Can We Help You With - Videos
Green Cards Through Employment
Green Cards Through Marriage