During her ten years as an attorney with the Law Offices of Carl Shusterman, Amy Prokop Lenhert has practiced deportation defense for lawful permanent residents, cancellation of removal for nonresidents, fraud waivers, and applications for asylum. Amy also handles matters involving family-based petitions, unlawful presence waivers, citizenship and naturalization matters, and employment-based immigration for registered nurses.
In addition to her practice before the USCIS and Immigration Courts, Amy has successfully litigated over forty cases before the U.S. District Courts of California, Nebraska and Washington, DC. She wrote the legal briefs in the DeOsorio v. Mayorkas case before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, challenging the government’s restrictive interpretation of the automatic conversion clause of the Child Status Protection Act.
Amy regularly provides pro bono legal services through a variety of organizations including the AILA Military Assistance Program, Christian Legal Aid of Los Angeles, the Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficking, and the Los Angeles County Bar. In June 2015, she was a featured speaker at the national conference of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
She is a member of the State Bar of California, and is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of the United States, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and the United States District Courts for the Central District of California and for the District of Nebraska. Amy’s professional memberships include the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the Immigration Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, and the National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild.
Amy received her Juris Doctorate from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles in 2003. During her studies at Loyola, she received two First Honors Awards for outstanding coursework in Immigration and Criminal Law, and in the International Protection of Human Rights. Amy spent much of her childhood in Austria, and is proficient in German.
Very efficient and professional!
“I am writing to express my deep appreciation for Ms. Amy Prokop Lenhert, attorney with the Law Offices of Carl Shusterman.. She’s a very sharp and talented lawyer, with a natural flair for empathy in understanding the human element & context of a situation. Her legal acumen, deftly delivering facts and arguments were the main contributors to the successful conclusion of my case…”
Skype Consultations Available!
Amy Prokop Lenhert – Success Stories
- DACA Granted Despite DUI (November 2014)
- Appealing an Incorrect CSPA Age Calculation (July 2014)
- Obtaining a U Visa for a Crime Victim (June 2014)
- Overcoming an Adjustment of Status Denial (May 2014)
- Demonstrating Extreme Hardship (February 2014)
- Green Card Through Hardship (October 2013)
- Overcoming the Complications of Being “Waved in” (April 2013)
- Getting a Green Card in Juarez (The Hard Way) (February 2013)
- Appeal Granted After Misplaced Files and Misinformation (August 2012)
- Winning Twin CSPA Cases (April 2012)
- Spouse of U.S. Citizen – Easy Case? Read On! (February 2012)
- Survivors Law Brings Visa Petition Back to Life (November 2011)
- Wife of Air Force Sergeant Escapes Immigration Nightmare (August 2011)
- Using Section 245i to Help a Client Avoid Deportation (January 2011)
- From Deportation Proceedings to U.S. Citizenship (March 2009)
What Can We Help You With - Videos
Green Cards Through Employment
Green Cards Through Marriage