Attorney Carl Shusterman has over 40 years of experience as an immigration lawyer. He served as an attorney for the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) until 1982, when he entered the private practice of law. For more than 10 years, he has been voted as one of the Best Lawyers in America and as a Super Lawyer by his colleagues in the bar.
Carl has been named as one of the top 15 corporate immigration attorneys in the U.S. by Human Resource Executive magazine. His hard work and dedication to immigration law have earned him the highest rating (“AV”) in legal ability and ethics from the prestigious Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory. He has also served as a member of the Immigration and Nationality Law Advisory Commission for the State Bar. Carl is also listed in The International Who’s Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers and the Chamber’s USA Guide for Leading Business Lawyers.
Additionally, he has testified as an expert witness before the Senate Immigration Subcommittee in Washington, D.C.
Know Their Job Well And Perform It Flawlessly“Don’t do the mistake we did and try to save few bucks going with nonprofessionals and sole practitioners! It will end up not only costing you much more in the long run, but also putting your status in jeopardy which can have a priceless impact. It is one of the most important steps in your life.”
- Sgt. Danny Lightfoot, Los Angeles, California
Skype Consultations Available!
Immigration law is very personal for Carl. His wife is a Filipino immigrant. His son was born in Canada and his daughter-in-law’s parents are Indian immigrants. His office staff speaks Spanish, Chinese, Tagalog, Farsi, Hindi, Turkish, German and a variety of other languages.
Carl is a former Chairman of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Southern California Chapter and served as a member of AILA’s national Board of Governors (1988-97). He has chaired numerous AILA Committees, spoken at dozens of AILA Conferences and has contributed a number of scholarly articles to AILA’s publications.
Carl is a frequent writer and lecturer on immigration law. His articles, letters to the editor and quotes have appeared in prestigious publications such as the New York Times, Washington Post, Canada’s Globe and Mail, USA Today, Los Angeles Times, Wall Street Journal, National Law Journal, California Lawyer, Los Angeles Lawyer, Journal of the American Medical Association, Christian Science Monitor, Atlantic Monthly, Computer World, Information Week, Issues in Science and Technology, Variety, and numerous other publications. He has written for, and been quoted extensively in, leading periodicals specializing in immigration law including Interpreter Releases, Immigration Law and Procedure, Immigration Briefings, Inside Immigration, Immigration Journal and U.S. Immigrant Magazine. In addition, he has appeared on various television programs including NBC’s Today Show, CNN’s Headline News, the Nightly News with Peter Jennings, and on a wide variety of nationally syndicated radio shows.
Carl Shusterman – Success Stories
- “You Get What You Pay For!” (August 2016)
- Saving a Client from Deportation (Part II) (March 2015)
- Saving a Client from Deportation (Part I) (February 2015)
- When You’re Lost in the Rain in Juarez (September 2014)
- O-1 Visa for an Architect of Extraordinary Ability (December 2013)
- Is It Unauthorized Employment to Run a Business? (May 2013)
- Saving a Client’s Job (March 2013)
- Spouse of U.S. Citizen – Easy Case? Read On! (February 2012)
- Representing Clients in Various Cities Across the U.S. (July 2011)
- One Immigrant’s 20 Year Journey to a Green Card (May 2011)
- Private Bill Saves Family from Deportation (October 2010)
- From Deportation Proceedings to U.S. Citizenship (March 2009)
- Saving a Science Superstar from Deportation (February 2009)
What Can We Help You With - Videos
Green Cards Through Employment
Green Cards Through Marriage