The immigration issues facing India nationals are unique. Employment-based Indian Immigration to the US can be a very lengthy process.
During the past 20+ years, the majority of highly-skilled workers using H-1B visas to work in the U.S. have been from India. U.S. employers, not wanting to lose the services of these employees have applied for hundreds of thousands of green cards for them and their family members.
The problem is that while there are no country-specific limits to the number of persons who can qualify for H-1B visas, only 7% of the employment-based and family-based green cards can be granted to persons born in a particular country. Therefore, India, a country with a population over one billion, is subject to the same numerical immigration limitations as Monaco or Sri Lanka, countries with low populations. The result is that India IT workers, physicians, engineers and other workers must wait for years and years for their green card applications to the processed, a very unfair situation.
We are lobbying Congress to eliminate the per country quotas for employment-based green cards, and to raise them to 15% for family-based green cards.
Carl Shusterman is Simply the Best“I am a Los Angeles-based news reporter, who hired Carl and his team of attorneys to help me acquire permanent residency in the United States. I was dreading the arduous and bureaucratic process, but Carl and his staff were so professional and efficient, they helped the procedure go very smoothly.”
- Ann S., Santa Clarita, California
Skype Consultations Available!
Indian Immigration to the US is divided into the following subtopics:
- US Embassy and Consulates in India
- Indian Consular Offices in the U.S.
- Indolink Law Forum;
- Arrest of Indian Programmers at Randolph Air Force Base
- Related Indian Immigration to US Websites
- U.S. Embassy in New Delhi – Immigrant Visas
- U.S. Consulate General in Calcutta
- U.S. Consulate General in Calcutta – Immigrant Visas
- U.S. Consulate General in Chennai (Madras)
- U.S. Consulate General in Chennai (Madras) – Immigrant Visas
- U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai (Bombay)
- U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai (Bombay) – Immigrant Visas
- U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai (Bombay) – Priority Dates
- American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin
- Centre For Development of Advanced Computing
- Cyber India Online
- India – A Country Study (Library of Congress)
- Indian Parliament
What Can We Help You With - Videos
Green Cards Through Employment
Green Cards Through Marriage